Have you ever thought of relaxing your mind after a long day’s work? If yes, then you should consider acquiring the best head massager or best scalp massager to help you achieve this great feeling.
These devices play a critical role in promoting the scalp’s blood circulation, removing any gunk, encouraging hair growth and giving your unmatched relaxation of the mind and body. With the best head massager within your reach, you won’t spend your precious time and money at the salon or spas.
These accessories come in different forms, models, and sizes. Above all, they are portable and handheld at your convenience. All head/scalp massagers are also great cleaning tools that will help you compliment your head washing routine. Speaking of washing, you can use them in conjunction with the conditioner, shampoo or other hair treatments.
Most importantly, these devices help get the cleaning products straight to the root while gently massaging the scalp. Here is a comprehensive guide to the best head or scalp massagers of 2020 that you should know:
Best Overall: Breo Portable Mini-Scalp Massager
Breo Portable Mini-Scalp Massager brings you the best deep massage relaxation to keep you stress-free. This is made possible with the help of a technologically sophisticated design that replicates six traditional massage skills.
These skills include the longitudinal gliding, trigger point therapy, kneading, rhythmic compression, oscillating pressure, deep friction massage and cross-fiber muscle stretching. Also, this mini-scalp massager boasts of a wide usage on areas such as your shoulders, neck, back, waist, and legs.
Featuring the IPX7 waterproof shampoo brush and other accessories, this unit allows you to enjoy your massage when you are in the shower or bathroom. As a result, this feature ensures that your scalp remains healthy, your hair grows normally while providing you with maximum relaxation for your head.
With its ergonomic design, Breo Portable Mini-Scalp Massager can fit well on your head for effective massaging. At the same time, this classic massager mimics human fingers as it reduces soreness and stiffness at various spots on your head.
Apart from that, this device comes fully equipped with 96 points touch that is precisely positioned to facilitate individual massage stimulation. Better still, it provides a sensation of real human touch on your head.
- IPX7 waterproof for unlimited use scenario
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery with a magnetic charging connector for more convenient charging mode
- Three stimulation settings which are gentle, regular and a combination of the two USB charger including the cable
- Brand: Breo
- Model: Blue-mini scalp
Best Design: LATME Electric Head Scalp Massager
If you are looking for a deep scalp massager with unique features, look no further than LATME Electric Head Scalp Massager. Complete with a vibration mode, this unit gives you the utmost relaxation after a long day at work. This is attributed to its 28 individual nodes coupled with a perfect fit on your scalp and 3D deep kneading capability.
On top of that, this massager allows you to experience deep, full massage on your head, hand-simulation, and relaxation. If you have a problem with sleeping, you can rest assured that this massager will help you get to sleep as soon as possible.
As a full-body fatigue eliminator, this model relieves pain on your neck, back, shoulder, thighs, waist, feet, legs, calves and arms. In general, LATME Electric Head Scalp Massager uses its vibration mode to give your whole body some relief.
For you to enjoy a comfortable scalp massage, this massager gives you different options among its four modes, especially when taking a bath. This should tell you that the entire unit is waterproof thus allowing you to use it almost anywhere in your house.
Whether you are in your house or a car, this scalp massager will give you leisure anytime you need it. Otherwise, you may purchase it as a great gift to your loved ones, friends, and colleagues during their special anniversaries.
- 28 Powerful 3D Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Massage nodes to eliminate tiredness
- IPX7 waterproof to enable you to operate the massager while showering or bathing
- Cordless and Rechargeable for prolonged massage sessions
- Brand: LATME
- Weight:1.6 pounds
Best Shape: MARNUR Head Scalp Massager Shampoo Brush
MARNUR Head Scalp Massager is one of the items you should include in your budget in 2020. This type of head massager is one of a kind in many aspects.
First, it comes fully equipped with a three-in-one massage brush to take good care of your scalp by using its hair brush massager, shower loofah pad and mini-full body massager. These features combine to provide you with an unforgettable superb personalized experience.
With this head scalp massager, you can do a lot of things at once. You can use it to rejuvenate your skin, massage your head, back, feet, shoulders, arms, hands, and waist. Most significantly, this product can help you release much pressure, leaving you relaxed and stress-free.
The shampoo massage brush is another feature that you need to pay your attention to. This feature has a lathy head vibrating function to serve all types of hair.
You may use it to massage the scalp while taking a shower. This promotes blood circulation and reduces itchiness. Other features of great importance include the ergonomic design for easy control and portability for convenience and ease of use.
- Three-in-one scalp massage brush to provide you with a superb personalized massage experience
- Lathy head vibrating function for different types of hair
- Loofah pad is included to clean dead skin cells or remove dirt
- Portable and safe for your convenience
- Brand: MARNUR
- Model: BD16614
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
Best Value: Queenwill Electric Handheld Hair Scalp Massager
This Electric Handheld Hair Scalp Massager from Queenwill allows you to relax at the end of a busty day. This happens with the help of its numerous vibrations per minute that stimulate every part of your scalp.
In the process, you end up feeling more relaxed and refreshed than before. At the same time, it helps you relieve tension in addition to promoting good sleep.
Soft and comfortable, this model is made of top quality materials to give you value for your money. The ergonomically designed handle on this device helps you grip it firmly during the massaging session. As such, it promotes blood circulation in your scalp and increases the vitality of your hair.
Just like other products, this is also water-resistant. This means you can use it in the shower or when cleaning your head with shampoo to remove dandruff and dirt. The two working modes on this unit are operated with the AA batteries for safety and convenience at any place of your choice.
- Many vibrations per minutes to gently stimulate the scalp for relaxation
- Hand-held designed massager for portability
- Scalp cleaning and stimulation for increased metabolism and hair growth
- Auto-timer to automatically switch off the head massager after every five minutes
- Brand: Queenwill
- Dimensions: 3.5×3.5×3.3 inches
- Weight: 4 ounces
Best Elasticity: Queenwill Hair Scalp Massager Soft Silicone Shampoo Brush
This is another product from Queenwill and it is regarded as a new upgrade head massager with great features. The product is actually a two-in-one hair massager with an extra brush to meet your needs.
With its elasticity, this scalp massager is made to serve all types of hair. At least, it caters to all people’s needs regardless of whether they have thick, coarse hair or simply curly hair.
The soft silicone shampoo brush on this massager works softly and gently for everyone including kids. Besides, this classic massager promotes good health in many different ways. It can stimulate your scalp, strengthen your hair follicles, nourish every hair shaft and promote the growth of your hair naturally.
Also, regular massaging of your scalp or head can benefit you a lot by promoting blood circulation all over your body. You will find yourself feeling comfortable and relaxed most of the time.
Now that this massager is also waterproof, you can happily use it in the shower or to massage both dry and wet scalp. Apart from that, you can use it to massage your pets’ hair.
This scalp massager deep cleans the hair roots, removes dirt, pathogens and any other residues from your hair. Another important thing you need to know about this massager is that you can operate it manually. That explains why it is easy to control and more flexible on different sizes of heads.
- Mini size design to enable you to use it anywhere
- Its ability to clean the scalp and stimulation increases metabolism and promote hair growth
- Suitable for different types of hair
- Brand: Queenwill
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
Best Budget: USAGA Head Scalp Massager 20 Fingers Scratcher
USAGA Head Massager Scalp Massager is designed with twenty fingers ( 10 long and 10 short) for varied experience while massaging your head. This way, you can enjoy more touches and absolute relaxation. With its easy function, you can use this massager to achieve your goals in a more relaxed manner.
All you need to do is to slowly move it back and forth on your scalp to have a different experience. Given that it is made from a metallic material, this product will last you a lifetime while helping you stay relaxed and happy throughout.
Besides, the metallic fingers are soft to gently massage your head and scalp without causing pain. Its simple design makes it a perfect massager for your loved ones. Much to your expectations, this product is cheap but its benefits exceed your expectations.
- 10 long fingers combined with 10 short fingers for a varied experience
- Lightweight and small for portability, meaning you can take it with you anywhere you go
- Provides a tingling sensation from head to toe in order to relieve stress
- Brand: USAGA
- Dimensions: 10.2×5.2×5.2-inches
- Weight: 1.7 ounces
MAXSOFT Hair Scalp Massager Care Brush
MAXSOFT Hair Scalp Massager comes fully equipped with a shampoo brush to make your massage session enjoyable, fulfilling and effective. Speaking of effectiveness, the brush and the entire massager provides you with a perfect grip handle that fits well in your hands to give you comfort. That is the reason why this product is entirely manual in its operation.
As a scalp massager, MAXSOFT Hair Scalp Massager has soft thick silicone bristles that stimulate blood flow in your scalp. Also, this device promotes deep cleaning and exfoliation of your scalp leaving oil glands in a better condition than before.
In addition to that, this massager plays a critical role in relaxing your scalp muscles while reducing stress to give you that wonderful feeling. Interestingly, this product is designed for all types of hair not to mention your sensitive scalp or long nails. It will just work well for you as long as you are willing to have a completely different massage feeling and relaxation.
- Designed for all types of hair whether soft, coarse or curly
- Ideal for relaxing the scalp muscles
- The soft thick silicone bristles helps in stimulating blood flow to all parts of the scalp
- Brand: MAXSOFT
- Dimensions: 3.8×3.2×2.9-inches
- Weight: 2.2 ounces
Zyllion Scalp Massager Dandruff Brush
ZMA 12 from Zyllion is well-known for its unique design. This product features two types of bristles that stimulate sensation to your scalp. Also, these features increase microcirculation.
ZMA 12 is a great choice of a head massager that helps you clean your scalp. This makes it a perfect head massager when shampooing your hair to cleanse or exfoliate the scalp. It gets rid of the product build-up as well as skin residue. By the time you are done with this process, you will have a healthy scalp with healthy-looking hair.
The handle is one of the most important features you can rely on. This is due to the fact that it gives you an easy grip every time you are using this massager. Again, the easy to grip handle gives you a good fit for comfort and efficiency.
When used with the cellulite cream or oils, Zyllion Scalp Massager increases blood flow to every connective tissue in your scalp. Above all, this unit is one of the cheapest that you can rely on in terms of features and effectiveness.
- Unique design that features two types of bristles
- Easy to grip handle that fits well in the palm
- Deep cleaning of your scalp to cleansing and exfoliation of your scalp
- Brand: Zyllion
- Model: ZMA12
- Model number: BD12238
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.5x3x2.7-inches
Body Back Scalp Head Massager
Body Back Scalp Massager is a great massager with lots of exciting features. This product is made for you if you are constantly experiencing moments of stress.
When you use it, you will discover that it is so relaxing with a calming effect on your head and scalp. As a matter of fact, it will do away with serious cases of scratching your scalp, leaving you comfortable and confident all day long.
Now that it is a tangle-free massager, you can use it on any type of hair without the fear of messing up your hairstyle. This is made with the help of a set of 12 rubber tips that gently massage your head without scratching or tangling. In essence, this is a great scalp soother for all people.
As if that is not enough, this product promotes scalp wellness by boosting blood circulation, scalp health, and hair follicle stimulation among other benefits. Give it a try and live to tell the tale. Otherwise, you may purchase it as an ideal gift for someone you treasure the most.
- 12 rubber tips to massage your head without tangling your hair
- Great choice for your itchy head
- Promotes scalp wellness
- Brand: BODY BACK
- Dimensions: 9.5x5x5inches
- Model Number: 4336319871
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
What’s a Head Massager?
A head massager is a device designed primarily to massage your head or scalp. The device works by gently massaging every muscle of your scalp to make you relaxed and stress-free.
Through pressure and vibration, these devices help you achieve this great feeling within a short time. Most of them are handheld and many come with silicone or rubber massage heads to provide you with comfort when massaging your head.
Besides making you feel relaxed, scalp massagers help in preventing hair loss or thickening your hair. This appeals to almost everyone who uses these devices regularly.
Different Types of Messengers and their Unique Features
Head/scalp massagers come in different types and designs to meet everyone’s needs. Below are the four main types of head massagers that you can find on the market today:
- Spider MassagerAs the cheapest and simplest in design, the spider massager is a must-have if you are on a budget. This type of massager is made of one/two dozen thin curved wires (stainless steel) fitted with small rubber tips on an aluminum handle.
- Plastic Brush Complete With Rolling BallsCompared to the spider massager, the plastic brush with rolling balls is a little bit costly due to the moving parts. This head massager applies the traditional Shiatsu technique to exert pressure on a particular spot while relieving tension on your head. These devices are usually manual.
- Shampoo and Shower MassagersShampoo and shower massagers come as either manual or automatic. The most important thing about this type of massager is that they are not damaged by water.
- Electric MassagersLast but not least is the electric massages. With a maximum of six massage heads, these scalp massagers are right for you. The heads vibrate, rotate or combine both techniques to give you a memorable experience.
If you want to use them, you need to put the rubber tips against the scalp and gently push to make the wires flex or slide down your head. This makes you feel relaxed for quite some time. Most significantly, this type of massage is known to trigger an autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR).
In fact, they are designed to work on wet heads or hair. So, if you are looking for a real spa experience in the comfort of your home, then you should try the shampoo and shower massagers.
Even though they are more expensive, their benefits are worth every penny you spend buying them. This is because they can trigger the ASMR tingles while massaging your head.
Features to Consider When Purchasing a Head/Scalp Massager
Each massage technique has its own benefits. Therefore, it is prudent that you know which one will work best for you before buying it. In addition, you need to consider the following simple factors when shopping for your head-scalp massager:
- PriceThe first thing to consider before going out to look for a head massager is the price. Depending on your budget, you can settle for a device that will meet all your needs. However, you have to be careful when putting your emphasis on the price. This is because some highly-priced devices are not worth the value with which they are being sold.
- StrengthDon’t expect to reap many benefits from your scalp massager if it’s not powerful enough to provide you with instant results. This should help you to know how to assess the strength of a particular model of massagers you intend to purchase.
- Power OptionsThe power option on a head massager allows you to do a lot of things. For instance, a battery-operated scalp massager will make it easy for you to move around unlike when using the corded devices. Also, the battery-operated devices make the unit waterproof although it will be a little more expensive to run it than using the corded models.
- PortabilityIn this busy world, you don’t need a scalp massager that will limit your movement in all aspects. This is the case, especially when you like to have your head massage in the washroom or when watching your favorite program on the television.
- Variables Massage TypesBesides the strength, portability, and price of a massager, you also need to consider the variable massage types. This means you should think of buying a head massager that can offer more than one type of scalp massage.
- ControlsBefore making an informed buying decision, you need to consider the controls that each product comes with. Furthermore, you must take the control placement on each device seriously as you scrutinize different head, massager models.
- FitWhen buying a head massager, you are most likely looking for a product that will provide you with a massage in the right places. For that reason, you need a head massager that will fit your head nicely.
- WaterproofMost of the head massagers are designed to work best in the bath or shower. Just after applying the shampoo on your head, you can start using these devices straight away to achieve that feeling of relaxation.
- Massage Target AreasMost of the people who want to buy head massagers experience some health complications such as headaches. These complications are usually common in a particular area of the head, thus the need for massage to reduce the effect. On that note, you need to look for a head massager that targets those areas on your head.
It is the same case with overlooking cheaper products which in this case may have superior features compared to the costly ones. For that reason, it is a good idea to look for a product in a set price range that falls within your budget. To achieve this goal, you must start by comparing features from one model to another. This way, you will be able to find the best head massager in the market.
Knowledge of how vigorous a massager is on your head is very important when choosing the right product. Besides, check for settings to know how the product works to deliver the much-needed relaxation. Rule of thumb states that the more speed settings a head massager have, the better the results.
The rechargeable models will help you eliminate any additional running costs without sacrificing your ability to move around. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use the rechargeable units in the bathroom or shower place. With this in mind, you should take into consideration the power option when selecting your head massager.
Apart from that, a portable head massager is the best for you if you like to travel all the time. In such cases, you will have to look at the portability as one of the key factors to consider when shopping for these items.
While some of these products will provide you with effects such as kneading, others will apply some pressure at certain points on your head. Depending on what you want to achieve, you must take into account different types of massages when buying these products.
These controls should be able to monitor the speed with which the massager is operating at. This will help you save your time when it comes to relieving stress using these devices. Take note of the type of controls the massager has before making your final decision.
Not all models are designed for every type of head. Some are meant for small heads while others are designed to fit larger heads. Check the reviews from other buyers to know the specifications of a particular product to see if it can suit you.
However, you may consider settling for an adjustable head massager not only to serve you but to take care of your friends or family members’ needs as well. The more adjustable these devices are, the more they will fit almost every head.
The shampoo reduces friction on the head massager, enabling it to slide effortlessly across the head. As a result, you will end up enjoying an invigorating massage throughout the process.
But to make the whole operation a success, you need to buy a waterproof head massager. If not, you should never use your non-waterproof device in the shower or bath unless you want to risk damaging it.
For instance, if you are fond of experiencing tension headaches around your temple region, then you need to settle for a head massager that covers such areas. With that in mind, pay particular attention to products that cover different parts of your head to achieve overall relaxation of the mind and body.
Benefits of Scalp and Head Massagers
There are numerous benefits of using head and scalp massagers. Some of the most common ones include the following:
- Stress Reduction: Apart from being an enjoyable activity, massaging your head using a massager can help you lower stress levels. This leads to an overall improvement in certain aspects of your life. Within a short time, you will experience an increase in workplace productivity as well as reduced anxiety levels.
- Improves Your Sleep: If you are suffering from insomnia, then you should use a head massager before you go to bed. This device will help you relax while improving your sleeping patterns in the course of using it.
- Reduces Migraine: Head massagers have an effect on those suffering from migraines. These products help in reducing frequent migraines and other types of headaches.
- Helps to Control Dandruff: By massaging your scalp constantly, you can reduce dandruff from your head. Massaging helps in the distribution of natural oils in every part of your head including hair follicles. As such, the oils help in moisturizing your hair, thus controlling dandruff.
- Improves Hair Aspect: Using head massagers frequently can improve the appearance of your hair. This is because the head and scalp massagers enhance blood circulation and spread of natural oils across your hair surface. With time, your hair will look appealing to everyone around you.
Since most of these conditions are caused primarily by tense muscles, it is advisable to use scalp massagers to alleviate the situation. In other words, head massagers help to relax muscles, relieve tension and reduce cases of migraines and headaches.
Instead of rushing to take some pills, you should consider using head/scalp massagers to relieve headaches and migraines.
Head/Scalp Massager For the Growth of Your Hair
You can use a head massager to improve the structure of your hair on the head. To achieve this feat, you can start with a gentle massage on the scalp as you move on.
The main idea in doing so is to help stimulate blood vessels inside the scalp. This will improve blood circulation while opening up follicles. You can use a vibrating scalp massager to obtain quick results.
How to Use a Head/Scalp Massager
When it comes to using your head massager, you need to find a comfortable place to get started. Once settled down, let the hair down (if it was in a bun or ponytail) and brush it to make it straight.
Turn on your head massager first before choosing the feature you want to use. The features may include rotation, vibration or heat.
Starting from the hairline just above your forehead, work your way up and across the head. Press the head massager gently against the scalp as you move it in a circular motion. Push harder as you continue moving the massage on your head to make you feel good.
Remember, your main aim is to achieve relaxation and relieve pain. That is all you need to do when operating your head/scalp massager.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When should I look for in a head/scalp massager?A: Do you experience frequent headaches, insomnia or stiffness in the neck? If yes, then you need to look for a good head massager. This device will help relieve the pain and stress when you use it frequently.
Q: How often should I do scalp massaging?A: Besides cleansing your hair on a regular basis, you can carry out a weekly scalp massage to achieve its great benefits. Take it as a moment to relax your mind after a long day.
Q: How much pressure do I need to apply when using a scalp massager?A: You can press as gentle or as hard as you want provided that you are comfortable with the whole operation. Don’t press so hard to hurt your scalp during the massaging process.
Q: Does head or scalp massage promote hair growth?A: Numerous studies show head or scalp massage promotes blood circulation to every part of your head, particularly the hair follicles. This process helps in promoting hair growth.
Q: Can scalp massaging brush damage my hair?A: A good scalp massage should not damage your hair in any way. If you notice that the scalp massager is tangling the hair on your head, then you should adjust its settings to avoid such cases.
Q: Is it right to combine the hair care products and the massaging hairbrush?A: The astounding answer is yes. Most of the head massagers come fully equipped with detachable massage nodes to make cleaning easy.
Q: What will happen if I fall asleep while the massager is on my head?A: There is nothing to worry about when you fall asleep with the massager on your head. Most of these gadgets have been designed with automated features to run for some time and go off. Depending on the position of the massager on your head, certain areas of your head may feel tender after a prolonged massage while sleeping.
Alternatively, the same portion may just feel perfectly fine even if you fall asleep while massaging your scalp.
Q: Does the scalp or head massage relieve headaches?A: Yes! Head massage is known to relieve headaches and migraines associated with tension. When done properly, massage can help you reduce the pain, pressure, and discomfort caused by tension.
Q: Will head massage work for damaged or dry hair, especially the thick hair?A: Most likely the massage will work pretty well regardless of your hair texture. All you need to do is to wash your hair daily and then use the brushes for a certain period to get better results.
Q: How long should I use the massager on my head or scalp?A: You can massage your head using these products for quite a long time. For a quick outcome, you must make sure that you take at least 5 minutes massaging your head.
Q: Is the head massager made of safe plastic materials?A: The appropriate answer to this question is yes. Most scalp massagers are made of silicone materials. This type of material is known for its high quality as well as not having any allergic reactions.
Q: My head massager tangled my hair which resulted in severe knots. Does anyone experience such problems? How do you solve it?A: Sometimes head massagers tangle the hair which forms severe knots if no drastic measures are taken at the right time. To avoid such problems, you need to do minimal swirling motions of the massager or brush from front all the way to the back of your scalp. Another easy way to avoid such cases is the use of hair condition and shampoo. You can combine the two hair products with the massager to keep your hair in good condition throughout the massaging process.
Scalp or head massagers come at different designs, models, sizes, and prices to help you achieve relaxation at home. Since these devices are from different brands, you need to consider certain factors when buying them. Apart from their cost, you should also look at their benefits, functionality, and features that make each product unique. Now that you have this information on your fingertips, you will find it easier to choose your ultimate head/scalp massager among many models found on the market today.