It is no secret that most people are now dodging their regular televisions for LCDs and Plasma TVs. But with this luxurious purchase comes a more important add-on- the TV wall mount. Wall mounts are essential for a variety of reasons, with the popular one being they help you secure the TV to the wall and shift the screen as you like. Not only have the best TV wall mounts made TV watching more convenient, but they have also proven as an excellent substitute for TV stands and furniture that could diminish your space.
Although many think mounts as just an accessory for your TV, it’s made of more. Different materials are used in the manufacture, they offer varying angles of tilt, and some feature extra features that make them useful to a TV owner. We will also help you select the best mount for your home use in our review below.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS|
|10 Best TV Wall Mounts|
|Best TV Wall Mount Buying Guide|
|How do I wall mount a flat-screen TV?|
|What is the Best Height to Wall Mount a TV?|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Best Overall: ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket
Rated #1 in our review, ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket is ideal for anyone looking for a sturdy, well-built and durable wall mount. This full-motion TV wall mount extends out at 16° and swivels to 130° to offer you an ideal viewing angle regardless of your seat. Besides, we value the essence of your time, and for that reason, we have come up with manual and 3-step installation processes that are useful and easier when installing this TV manual.
If you’re nervous or unsure of where to hang the TV on your wall, then we don’t blame you, and we’ll readily help. It’s for this reason that we test our wall mounts to hold up to four times their weight. For this wall mount, it supports 70 inches and 132 lbs. It also works with a variety of TV brands such as LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, and other small brands. Its wide range of screws can comfortably accommodate any type of TV. Finally, the mount has a low profile design that makes it retract to your wall for a more modern look, which helps preserve the harmony and tranquility in your home.
- Offers 130° of swivel that allows you multiple viewing angles
- The extendable-like design makes it easy to point the TV where you want
- Comes with different types of screws that accommodate different TV types
- The 3-step installation process makes it possible to DIY the mount set up
- Brand: ECHOGEAR
- Product Dimension: 17.9*13*3.1 inches
- Product Weight: 17.85 pounds
Best Value: Mounting Dream TV Wall Mount Bracket
If you are looking for a universal TV mount that fits different TV models and brands that weigh up to 99 lbs., then this is your ideal mount. This wall mount tilts your TV up by 5° and down by 15° to reduce glare and also swivel it right or left depending on our sear position. You can also pull out your TV to 15.2 inches and retract back to 3 inch which makes the TV livelier with every move.
What’s more, if you love DIY projects, then this one is another you cannot afford to miss. The product comes with an instruction manual and hardware in different pre-labeled bags for setting up the mount on your TV and installing it on your wall. In case, you make an error during installation, then the +/-3° adjustment allows you to correct it. The paper template also makes it easier for you to install this TV mounting bracket, and its design is ideal for Allen’s key storage.
Finally, this TV wall mount is manufactured using robot welding technology, which ensures it remains sturdy and safe. The manufacturers are also available round the clock to offer you pre and post-installation for your TV.
- Has a cardboard template which makes it easier to predetermine the location of mounting holes
- Includes screws for mounting the one-piece long wall plate to studs
- TV bracket tilts TV up by 5 degrees and down by 15 degrees to reduce glare
- Features robot welding technology that makes it safe and sturdy
- Brand: Mounting Dream
- Product Specifications: 17*9.2*3.2 inches
- Product Weight: 11.16 pounds
Best Pick: VideoSecu MW34OB2 TV Wall Mount Bracket
Our next contender is the VideoSecu full-motion wall mount. This product fits a wide variety of TV sizes from 32” to 65” and has VESA of up to 16” *16”. It was designed to be mounted into double-studded walls for that extra rigidity. This mount comes with contains two articulating arms that enhance its support to your TV. Moreover, it supports a vast assortment of TV brands and models and can hold up to 100 lbs. It can also mount to a single stud, 16” dual stud or solid wall.
Besides, this MW340B2 model mouths with only 2.3 inches’ flat depth, which gives you a sleek fitting against the wall design. It can extend to 14” for easier access, swivel, and tilt to provide you with the perfect TV views regardless of where you’re sitting in the house. Finally, it is safe and sturdy and can fit 32” to 65 inches TVs.
- Lift & lock design makes installation easier in only three steps
- Includes a 6-feet HDMI cable for connecting your devices
- Two articulating arms add strength for supporting the modern thinner TVs
- Can extend to 14° for easier access & tilting to get the perfect viewing angle
- Brand: VideoSecu
- Product Specifications: 18 * 6.9 * 4.5 inches
- Product Weight: 5 pounds
Best Easy to install: Mounting Dream MD2377 UL Certified TV Mount Full Motion
This is a stylish mount that is designed to fit TVs between 26” and 55 inches. This item tilts and swivels easily to offer you the best viewing angles regardless of your sitting position. Holding your TV with this wall mount makes it safer, and besides, it’s easy to set up. Customer care service is also available 24/7 to guide and help you in case of any issues in pre-installation, during installation, or at post-installation.
Besides, if you are on a budget, then this durable mounting bracket is your ideal option as its quite affordable than similar models. It also made from robot wielding technology that makes the whole unit safe and sturdy. The easy-to-follow instructions and a myriad of included hardware will enable you to set up the device easily. What’s more, if you make some errors during installation, then the +/- 3° post-installation adjustment allows you to level your TV correctly. The set also comes with bubble level and cable tie gifts for quick TV leveling.
- Easy level adjustment with 4 leveling bolts
- Contains super long arms that help swivel the TV to your desired angles
- Heavy-duty steel construction and durable powder-coated finish maximizes durability
- Decent instructions and a full range of hardware makes the installation easier
- Brand: Mounting Dream
- Product Specifications: 17.1* 16.5*3.1 inches
- Product Weight: 9 pounds
Best Sturdy: Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket
The Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB is a tilting TV value of immense value that doubles as a budget amount for many. If you feel that a tilting wall mount is your best choice, then you won’t go wrong with this popular product. With 180° swivel and +/-15° tilt, you’ll enjoy viewing the TV at a perfect angle regardless of your seat or viewing distance.
What’s more, with this mount, you can transition from portrait to landscape as the end of this arm mount allows for a 360° rotation. This also makes your leveling more convenient after installation regardless of its orientation. Also, despite wall mounting, you can mount your TV to the ceiling as the product comes with a mount adjustment piece. Overall, it’s the best wall mount at a budget and comes packages with the vital accessories and hardware.
- Fits the majority of displays from 23” to “32 sizes and some 42” models
- Full rotation adjustment makes it easier to change the orientation from portrait to landscape
- Includes a high-speed HDMI cable allows you to use 3D playback and home entertainment systems
- Offers 180° swivel and 360° rotations that offers you a custom viewing angle
- Brand: Cheetah
- Product Specifications: 13.2 * 3 * 9.2 inches
- Product Weight: 4 pounds
Best Mid-Range: ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount
If you desire to own a wall mount that has powerful anti-glare features, then it’s best to try the ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount. This mount comes in a low-profile design that holds your TV at 2.5,” giving you easier and faster access to your cables. Besides, setting up is easier, and you can DIY it using the easy-to-follow instructions. The 3-step installation process is also easy to understand, and you can easily do it without an extra hand.
You’ll also love the durable steel mounts that come with this mount. It accommodates most types of TVs and VESA patterns of up to 70”. Also, it comes with an extensive hardware packet that ensures maximum compatibility. It will also securely lock your TV in a position with its tension knob. This keeps your screen stable without any wobbles.
- Effortless 15° allows you to eliminate flare from the lights and windows
- Easy-to-use tension knob allows you to lock the TV in a perfectly-tilted position
- The 3-step easy installation process will enable you to DIY the setup
- Low profile design gives you a clean setup
- Brand: ECHOGEAR
- Product Dimensions: 17.9*2.5*10.9 inches
- Product Weight: 8.7 pounds
Best for 26″-60″: Everstone TV Wall Mount
Rated #7 in our review, Everstone TV Wall Mount is a reliable and multi-purpose mount that supports a vast assortment of TV brands, models, and sizes. It supports TVs of between 23” and 65” inches and is one of the best picks when looking for a budget TV mount. Besides, it comes with all the hardware and instructions for installation, which makes the setup process much more manageable.
Other than its attractive features, this mount guarantees you of the perfect TV view regardless of your seat. This is because it can tilt, swivel, and rotate in different angles to give you a custom view. It is also built from sturdy and heavy-duty materials that can support up to 88 lbs. Overall, this TV Wall Mount is reliable and high-quality, making it the best selection at any time.
- The mount can tilt, swivel TV right or left and retracts back to offer a more comfortable viewing position
- Comes with a high-speed HDMI cable provides an interface with different audio/video sources
- Has 6 arms that enhance the TV load-bearing capacity
- +/- 3 degrees’ rotation for the best level
- Brand: Everstone
- Product Dimensions: 2.6* 10.5* 17.4 inches
- Product Weight: 9.4 pounds
Best for 42″-70″: AmazonBasics Dual Arm Full Motion TV Mount
Well, if you’re looking for a TV mount to install in the fireplace or corner, then this is the perfect model. This mount can accommodate 22” to 44-inch flat-panel TVs and comes with a myriad of features to improve your watching experience. Like most mounts, it supports up to 70 pounds TVs due to its heavy-duty aluminum construction plus powder-coated steel that enhances its strength.
It also swivels left and right by 180° to enable you to watch the TV comfortably regardless of your seat. Before you purchase this set, make sure you are aware of the wall stud location and TV weight. Also, another useful feature with this mount is its state-of-the-art cable management system that keeps cables streamlines your cables and get them out of your way.
- Its heavy-duty steel constructions support up to 132 pounds
- Easy-to-DIY instructions make it easy to set up the mount
- Tilt and swivel features for the best viewing angle
- Full-motion wall mount for flat-screen different brands and model of screen televisions
- Brand: AmazonBasics
- Product Dimensions: 25.8*17.1*2.6 inches
- Product Weight: 13.69 pounds
Best Durable: Mount Factory Heavy-Duty Full Motion TV Wall Mount
For those who don’t mind investing in a high-quality and expensive wall mount, this is your ideal choice. Designed with quality and reliability in mind, this wall mount can fit most LCD, LED, Plasma TVs, and most plasma flat panels whose inches range from 42” to 70 inches. Besides, it uses the standard VESA pattern that is synonymous with a majority of flat-screen TVs in the market hence higher compatibility.
You’ll also love its sturdy construction of heavy-duty steel and high-quality barrel hinges that enhances the durability of this wall mount. Overall, its quality is top-notch but compared to a majority of similar models, and it’s quite costly.
- Designed to fit most types of LCD, LED, Plasma, and other flat panel displays from 42” to 70.”
- Constructed with heavy-duty steel and high-quality barrel hinges for maximum durability
- Its smooth-motion and articulating design allows the TV to tilt, pan and extend to offer you a perfect viewing angle
- Convenient openings in the backplate and arms give space for passing the wires and cables
- Brand: Mount Factory
- Product Dimensions: 23.2*17.5*2.8 inches
- Product Weight: 16.3 pounds
Best Budget: PERLESMITH Full Motion TV Wall Mount Bracket
Despite being last in our review, this TV wall mount is one of the few mounts that boast of universality and multiple-angle viewing. It is made of strong and durable materials that support up to 132 lbs. of weight; TVs with this weight and below will get maximum support and a brace that fits on the wall for perfect viewing. The tilting angles that come with this wall bracket can tilt and swivel to allow you to adjust the TV viewing to suit your seating arrangement.
Also, this mount comes with all the crucial mounting hardware as well as for instructions for set up. Its articulating arms can also retract and extend from your wall to save space and offer multiple viewing angles. The 10-year warranty also gives you more confidence to purchase the product and enjoy its services.
- Six well-designed articulating arms ensure higher stability of the device
- Wide swivel angle of -60° to 60° to meet different viewing needs
- 3-degree horizontal adjustment allows you to correct installation errors quickly
- Can be extended, tilted or swiveled at any direction for perfect viewing any seat in the room
- Brand: PERLESMITH
- Product Dimensions: 14.3 Pounds
- Product Weight: 26* 4.9*11.1 inches
Best TV Wall Mount Buying Guide
The reasons for choosing a wall mount over a TV stand are numerous, and so are the features to consider when looking to purchase one. Perhaps, the main reason for using one is to install your TV in such a way that you’ll be able to swivel it or let it remain stationary at a slant angle.
Most times, these mounts enable you to change TV orientation in most ways you want, which comes as useful when you want to watch at a particular viewing angle. With this in mind, let’s look at the factors that make a suitable wall mount.
- Style: With regards to style, wall mounts can be either fixed, tilting, or articulating. Fixed types are the most basic, but they allow less freedom of movement of the TV, which turns most people off. On the other hand, tilting brackets allow a slight degree of vertical adjustment (about 15° or so). Articulating amounts not only allows tilting but also a certain amount of swiveling.
- Shape: Before you consider installing any type of mount, it’s crucial first to access your room arrangements. We say this because some mounts aren’t precisely flexible, which means that they can be connected towards the center of the wall. This, in turn, reduces the mobility of the TV and alters the viewing angle. Depending on your furniture, you may need a swiveling mount no matter what, a choice you should not be forced to make.
- Room Size: You should be aware that it’s not advisable to sit closer to your TV during your favorite shows. This has been proven clinically to damage your vision in the long-term, and besides, it’s very uncomfortable. With that in mind, choose a wall mount that will not push your TV too far away from the wall. The best rule is to get a mount that will keep your TV at 10-16 inches from the wall.
- Mount Strength: Not all TV mounts can accommodate large TVs unless their specifications state so. This is the reason you should check the screen size and weight of your TV before buying a wall mount; this prevents the situation where your TV may fall at some point. That said, most modern TVs are not very massive, even though some weigh 100lbs or closer. Do your research for the best wall mount for your TV so that you’ll get the best product.
- VESA compatibility: for your television to be securely firmly in place, it should be compatible with the mount in many ways possible. You see, the TV fits brackets and mounts via a system of screw patterns that have to reflect the exact shape of each mechanism. As you would imagine, the screw patterns are standardized in an order called the VESA system. Mounts that use the same screw pattern can easily accommodate popular TV brands.
- Versatility: You should know that not all TV mounts are built in the same way regarding their shape and features. While some mounts can secure a wide variety of TVs, some can only fit specific sizes and models. That said, you should look for a highly versatile mount that will enable you to fit another TV if you replace your current one.
- Installation: One thing to know about setting up wall mounts is that fixed and tilting types are the easiest to install. On the other hand, fully-articulated mounts can be quiet complex, considering the many mechanisms involved in their installation. Always make sure that the fixtures and fittings are included in the package and pick a model that doesn’t require additional tools to set up.
- Safety: The best way to ensure your mount matches the safety standards is to buy one from a reputable brand. Not to say that you can’t get the best type if you know the features to consider, but the cons of poor safety beat the pros. As a rule of thumb, wall mounts with extended warranty are likely more durable. This is the reason you should avoid buying refurbished devices.
How do I wall mount a flat-screen TV?
Mounting the TV to the wall can be easy in theory but hard when doing it for real. Now you’ll have to consider things like drilling the right holes in the wall and finding the wall studs- and ensuring the TV doesn’t fall off when you let go!
This may be something you can handle, or it could be out of your comfort zone.The general plan of action is to:
- Attach the brackets to the back of your TV
- Mount the wall plate on the wall
- Hang on the TV on the wall plate
While that may seem easy, doing it, in reality, could be a little challenging. Check out this video of a man doing what he knows best:
Well, that wasn’t bad, was it? Easy when you understand how.
However, if that task seems daunting for you, then I’d recommend you entrust a professional to handle the task. At times, the best way to get a job done is to pay someone who will handle everything efficiently and professionally.
Many local TV retail shops offer installation services. You don’t have to pay for the TV and seek their installation service. Instead, just pay them and let them install the TV in your home and make clear that you have the required hardware.
There is also another alternative. Currently, Amazon offers approved professional services you can hire, and that includes the TV wall mounting service.
They will offer you a free estimate from a local professional who will come to your home and mount the TV using the hardware you will provide. You should get the TV, wall mount and TV then they’ll offer the skill.
What is the Best Height to Wall Mount a TV?
It’s something you may not think of until you are standing there with a drill in your hand- but it’s an important consideration.
Unfortunately, the simple answer is “it depends”
Does it depend on the room- kitchen, lounge, or bedroom? What is the distance between you and the TV? Are you standing up, lying down, or sitting down? What are you sitting on? How tall are you? How large is your TV?
An excellent general guideline- for watching a TV from your couch in the lounge is to ensure that you face your eyes towards the center of the screen. Or perhaps, a little higher so that you’ll look at the bottom third of the screen.
It is not a must for it to be exact, but don’t look too far down or up. It will get uncomfortable after some time.
So, I would try and get the center of the screen at around 40 inches from the floor or even 45 inches.
This will be best for people sitting down on typical chairs and lounge furniture.
It might seem lower than you will imagine.
If you’re watching the TV while further away from the room, you might need a little higher than this.
If possible, try getting volunteers to hold the TV between them to get a glimpse of the ideal height for you. Carry this out before you start to drill the wall mount holes in the wall.
Of course, in the kitchen, you’ll be likely standing- or perched on taller chairs. So higher will be likely better.
In the bedroom, if you’re lying on your bed, then you should keep it higher enough so that you’ll be able to see the screen without straining your neck.
The popularity of TV wall mounts is on the rise, especially among users of large TVs and flat panels. Though it’s quite a fortune to buy, it’s a great accessory especially in saving your home space as well as allowing you to watch the TVs from multiple angles regardless of your seat. It’s the best alternative to furniture or TV stands as these consume a lot of space. It is a worthwhile investment, especially when you get the right amount for your television.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Worried about mounting on a brick fireplace. Does it hold up well mounting to brick?A: I used masonry mounting screws while installing mine to a brick fireplace. It was as solid as a rock.
Q: What does the expert wall mounting include exactly? A: Echogear sets up the expert wall mounting and not Amazon. Therefore, you’ll have to contact them to get the details. Keep in mind that we strive to make the process as easy as possible with simple instructions, and our US-based customer support team is available 24/7 a week.
Q: Where Can I Buy a Panasonic or VIZIO TV Wall Mount?A: You can insert the name of any TV brand here. LG, Sony, Samsung- the answer is the same. Each TV comes with standard size mounting holes on the back, usually based on the VESA standard.
Therefore, you’ll need a specific wall mount for your TV. Most wall mounts are suitable for any make or model of television; you’ll only have to consider the issues listed below:
- Type of wall mount
- The supported screen size of the wall mount
- Supported TV weight of the wall mount
- Supported VESA mounting patterns of your TV